Friday 7 November 2014

VEGAMSTERDAM

Last time we were in Amsterdam I had a hard time finding places to eat. This time I did extremely thorough research and have so far found some fantastic places! When in doubt, type what you're looking for into Google and open every single search result until you find some gold. I have made excellent use of Google maps and screenshotting... And the wonderful, wonderful free wifi that is easily found everywhere. Get your act together, Straya!

We flew into Amsterdam at 6am so by the time we got to our hotel and showered, it was really time for a good feed and some coffee! We went back to a place we remembered from our last trip. I got a black coffee and a delicious fresh salad. Chock full of fresh greens, avocado, toasted nuts and seeds and a wedge of lemon. Olive oil and balsamic vinegar were provided on the table and I sprinkled them liberally atop my meal!


I am very grateful to have found somewhere so cool this close to our hotel! They have a lunch service and also a food shop underneath the cafe. They have a set meal so you can try a bit of everything, or you can choose some things separately. I had the Dupuy Lentil Soup which was beautiful and I would eat it every day! I checked out the store and bought some Ombar raw chocolate and a rice milk chocolate dessert, then got an apricot rice pudding from the cafe to take away for later. I popped back in again today and got some tofu sushi. Everything here is vegan, organic and macrobiotic. Oh, and delicious.





I ended up spending so much money here but I didn't mind because it was so fresh and delicious and will last me most of the day. The girl working there was so lovely and helpful. It was also nice to get out of the cold and sit in such a cute cafe! I started with smashed avocado with apple slices and curry oil on quinoa crackers and a red veggie cocktail. I was going to leave it at that but I let my curiosity (maybe greediness?) get the better of me and I also got a slice of vegan cheesecake and a raw hot chocolate. Yum! As I was about to pay, I also added on a takeaway chickpea and Brussels sprout salad and an iced tea. All so incredibly yummy and filling!







1 comment: